VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR NON-U.S. CITIZENS TO ENTER
For Tourist/Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa)
- Your ORIGINAL valid passport(s), must have at least 6 months remaining validity beyond your intended stay in Canada. You must have at least one (1) blank visa page.
- One (1) Visa Application Form (IMM5257E), FULLY COMPLETED/PRINTED ON THE COMPUTER AND SIGNED.
- One (1) IMM5257B Schedule 1 Form, completed, printed out and signed.
- One (1) IMM5645E Family Information Form, completed, printed out and signed.
- One (1) IMM5476E Use of Representative Form, complete Section Number 1, 2, and 10. Please skip the rest of the sections.
- Complete our Visa Order Form (print from browser).
- Two (2) Passport-type Color Photographs, must be 35mm x 45mm, on a white background and taken recently. Please write your full name and date of birth on the back of both photographs.
- Proof of legal status in USA (ORGINAL US Visa AND Original I-94, AND if applicable, A photocopy of I-20 Form (MUST be signed by the school official within 3 months from today's date) if you are a student here in the US, AND/OR A Copy of I-797 Form, AND/OR A Copy of DS-2019 Form).
If you have any petition, parole or other document/paperwork from the USCIS (US Citizenship & Immigration), please provide a photocopy of all the pages. All immigration documents must be provided dating from the first time you arrived in the United States.
- A copy of detailed travel itinerary to Canada (DOES NOT HAVE TO BE A TICKET/FLIGHT ITINERARY). Please provide a letter/statement indicating your purpose of travel, how you will be traveling to Canada, name of the cities/places in Canada, and your approximate or intended traveling dates. Please also sign and date on the bottom of the letter.
- A copy of recent bank statement.
If you do not have a bank account here in the US, you may provide a relative/friend's bank statement and have him/her provide a copy of his/her passport with a statement indicating that he/she will be taking care of you financially during your visit in the US and/or Canada
If you are a Tourist/Visitor here in the United States, please also provide a copy of your arline ticket going back to your home country (MUST BE CONFIRMED).
- If you have a Work Visa (H1B / J1 US Visas) or currently employed, please also provide a Letter of Employment indicating that you are currently employed in the company you work for and you are permitted to take a leave or vacation to go to Canada. This letter of employment must be provided on the company's business letterhead and signed within 3 months from today's date.
- If you are a Student (F1 Visa) here in the US, please also provide a copy of I-20 Forms AND a Letter of Enrollment indicating that you are in a good standing and currently enrolled for taking courses in the school you go to. The I-20 Forms and Letter of Enrollment MUST be provided on the school's letterhead and signed by your school official within three (3) months from today's date.
- If you are an Exchange Visitor/Student (J1 Visa) here in the US, please also provide a copy of DS-2019 Forms AND/OR if you go to school, please provide a Letter of Enrollment indicating that you are in a good standing and currently enrolled for taking courses in the school you go to AND/OR if you work, please provide a Letter of Employment indicating that you are currently employed in the company/organization you work for and you are permitted to take a leave or vacation to go to Canada. This Letter of Employment AND/OR Letter of Enrollment must be provided and signed within three (3) months from today's date.
- If you are visiting friends or relatives in Canada, please provide an invitation letter from your host(s) in Canada and a copy of their legal status in Canada (such as a copy of their Canadian passport, permanent resident card, valid Canadian visa). Fax copies are acceptable.
- If you are attending a US Consulate or the US Embassy in Canada for visa stamping, first you must make an appointment with the US Embassy/Consulate AND you must also provide an interview letter from the US Consulate/Embassy in Canada once approved.
For Business Travelers (ALL OF THE ABOVE) AND:
- An invitation letter from a host company or organization in Canada.
- A business letter of responsibility (Sample) is required, to be typewritten on your company letterhead and addressed to:
Embassy of Canada, Visa Section, Washington, D.C.
The letter must explain all of the following:
- The purpose of visit
- The nature of duties to be performed
- Business reference and address in Canada to be visited
- Company guarantee of financial responsibility for the applicant and their return transportation to the U.S.
** You need to install to view all documents.
Payment can be made by One (1) money order payable to E&G Visa Services to cover the total of all three (3) fees OR by Credit Card (please fill out your credit card information on our Visa Order Form). Total Fee is (Consular Fee + Service Fee + Return Postage Fee).
- Consular Fee: (As of July 12, 2012)
- $75.00 - Per Single Entry Visa
- $150.00 - Per Multiple Entries Visa
- Service Fee:
- $95.00 - Per Visa (4 - 6 weeks Regular Processing)
- Return Postage:
- $35.00 FedEx (Next Business Day / Overnight - up to 3 passports)
- $25.00 FedEx (2nd Business Day - up to 3 passports)
- $55.00 FedEx (Saturday Delivery - up to 3 passports)
- $51.00 FedEx (Alaska, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, USVI, Canada - 2nd Business Day/Overnight Delivery) NO SATURDAY DELIVERY
Please send the completed requirements detailed above to:
Attn: Visa Processing
E&G Visa Services
522 Nelson Street
Rockville, MD 20850
Your application will be checked and hand carried to the Consulate and is usually processed in 4 - 6 weeks for Regular Processing.
Please note that the Canadian Consulate is closed every Wednesdays.
- Important Note: If you require a Rush or Emergency Processing, you MUST send your documents to us by FedEx Priority Overnight or UPS Next Day Air (Morning Delivery) and please make sure that we receive your documents the next day in the morning. Fail to do so may delay your visa processing.
- Please note that the Canadian consulate has the rights to ask the applicants to provide more supporting documentations even after submission and they also have the rights to grant, on hold, or deny visa applications.
- Citizens of some countries, such as Iraq, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh etc. processing time for Canadian visa may take up to 5 - 6 weeks.
- All fees are not refundable once the application has been submitted, or if the visa application is denied.
- Citizens of certain countries may be required to attend a personal consulate interview.
- Information and visa fees are subject to change without notice.